« Home | The Dream III - Morning, when he... » | The Dream II - I won't be afraid to say it again » | The Dream I -- Just like old times... » | A great road trip » | A girl named Fuu » | Welcome to the Lost Notebook » 

Thursday, August 25, 2005 

The Dream IV -- Everything ends at the beginning

They tried to hide from me. They didn’t want me to know the truth. That he…

“I’ll watch over him… you go get us a ride…”

I said, as I held him that moment.

“Will you be okay?...”

Then there was silence. I didn’t hear another word after that.

I stared at that moon lit shore as I held his cold body. I know that he won’t hear me even if I talk instead of whispering. And I stared at his face once again. He looked as if he was only asleep. He was not what he was, he was just sleeping. He’s only sleeping. Sooner or later, he’ll be waking up. I kept on hoping that he’ll wake up and that he’ll smile at me. But he didn’t. but still I kept on holding his lifeless body, waiting for him to wake up.

I turned to his face once again. And I kissed him. I gave him a kiss that he hadn’t asked of me yet.

I remembered being told,

“Leave those who rest alone… they need not be bothered by our own misfortune…”

And I remembered a joke that he always teases me with.

“You still owe me…”

“I still owe him something?...”

Now I know what I owe him. I owe him a debt of a broken heart.

I kissed him once more and held him tightly.

“I’ve paid you no debt… you’re the one who owes me…”

And I felt a cold breeze wrap around my body.

“Be strong…”

I remembered someone telling that I was strong. And I remembered hearing his last words.

“I still love you… and I always will…”

Words that I always hear him say. The last words I heard with him.

And tears fell from my eyes. I recalled everything that happened that night. Everything…

And I remembered how he cried. His voice was trembling as he spoke. Word after word, his thoughts came to me. I knew that he was happy at that moment. But now…

“That dream…”

And tears fell from my eyes.


---------------------------
~The end~

At last. The end. Well, you guys just have to read everything again if you didn't get the full story.

Or maybe it would've been better if I posted it as a whole. FYI. I just experimented in divding this story into parts. It was already finished before I divided it into 4 parts.

Hope you enjoyed it.

* stares at the comment above hers*

wow. spam comment. XD

Post a Comment