« Home | Welcome to the Lost Notebook » 

Saturday, August 20, 2005 

A girl named Fuu

And I saw her again. Sitting there... In that bench under the same tree. I continued staring at her as I stood far. I've alwas wondered why she was always there. Sitting... doing nothing... waiting for someone perhaps.

I've always been a sucker for girls wearing glasses. And the sight of her sitting there just takes the breath out of me. Something in girls like her that keeps me from being mature. And I've always been naive.

I thought she didn't notice me staring at her. But then again... she looked up to me and gave me a smile.

"Damn!..."

I've thought of turning around and fleeing away. But there was something in her stare that made me want to come closer.

And so I did. Took a step after another... Last thing I knew I was standing infront of her. I thought it was stupid to just stare at her. But that's all that I did. Stare at her like I was some kind of statue.

"Are you just going to stand there or what?..."

She said softly as she smiled at me with a cute squint on her face.

"So?..."

I heard her giggling as I sat down beside her.

And there I was... sitting beside this girl... Speechless... thoughtless... staring at nowhere. I don't know if it's me or I'm just plain old stupid for not saying anything.

We sat there for a full hour but didn't talk. It mortifies me to be beside her but not uttering a word.

"For god's sake you idiot! Ask her something..."

But I was just so lost in the moment that I couldn't think of anything to say.

Then I heard her whisper...

"You silly boy... why aren't you talking?..."

I know I should say something. But nothing came out. I was about to stand up and just leave, but I heard her voice.

"Have you ever had someone so perfect but you couldn't keep?..."

I didn't know what she meant. But after that, I saw a tear slide down her cheek. And another one. After that she was crying. But I don't know what to do.

She kept talking about this guy who was always there for her. Whenever she was down, whenever she felt lost, whenever she felt alone. She said this guy was special. But she couldn't keep him. She said it happened but it was just like a dream. But it felt so real.

I continued listening to her story. I felt everything she said. She continued talking as her tears continued to fall.

Then I heard her whisper a name...

"Cefiro..."

The place where she met the guy. The place she was in her dream. And she just kept on crying.

I had no idea how to comfort her. How to stop her from crying. I was clueless when it comes to matters of the heart. I didn't know how to react. There was only one thing that came in to my mind.

I took her hand and held it. I felt her grip my fingers, and then she leaned on my shoulder. I didn't know if what I did was wrong but if it was, I would've regreted ever going near her.

I felt her grip starting to loosen. I thought she realized what we were in. But then she didn't react violently. She just stayed there leaning on my shoulder. I tried to take a good look at her face but I found out that she had snoozed off. I didn't move an inch worrying she might wake up. We were like that for quite some time. I was sitting, staring at the horizon and she was sleeping on my shoulders.

And then I felt a cold damp breeze. I tapped her hand and whispered in her ear,

"Uhm... I think you should wake up. It looks like it's about to rain..."

She lifted her head after that. She turned at me and gave me a smile.

"Thank you..."

I heard her say whispering to my ear.

And she stood up after that. I thought she was about to leave but she turned around. She slowly bent down to my ear. I thought she was going to say something. But instead... She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you for being here..."

She whispered afterwards and turned around.

"Wait... uhm... I didn't get to know your name... I'm Sho..."

I said hoping she'd answer me back.

"Nice to meet you Sho... I'm..."

She was about to tell me her name when two girls called out to her. She turned around and called back to those who seemed to be her friends. She left and forgot to say her name. But still I thank her friends for calling out to her.

A girl wearing glasses... A girl I'll always remember for her story.

A girl I'll remember for the way she feels for someone...

A girl named Fuu.

Originally Dated: Feb. 5, 2004

I remeber myself being all mushy when I wrote this story. I just watched the OAV of Rayearth in a cable channel and then it hit me.
I've always had a crush on Fuu and I've always dreamed of having a girlfriend like her.
I hope I didn't offend Rayearth fans here... I'm just like some of you...

Post a Comment