« Home | A great road trip » | A girl named Fuu » | Welcome to the Lost Notebook » 

Monday, August 22, 2005 

The Dream I -- Just like old times...

And I remembered how he cried. His voice was trembling as he spoke. Word after word, his thoughts came to me. I knew that he was happy a moment ago. But now…

I asked him to come with us. So he did. He came on time as usual. And he looked so very anxious, as if he hasn’t enough time. He lent me his guitar and called a jeep. I was happy to have seen him hold his guitar and sang all the way through. The trip didn’t become as dull as we thought even though there were only thirteen of us all together.

And we reached the beach. It was so quiet. And I heard him say,

“Are you sure this is where you wanna go?...”

I admit that I didn’t thought that we’d end up there. I didn’t like it ‘coz it was so cold and dark. But hearing him talk that it’s better there than not, and seeing his face lit up in hope, eased my regret.

And we had a great time. Around the bonfire, we talked, ate, and sang. Then I noticed that he barely ate. I asked him why, but he just smiled at me and said,

“It’s okay! I’m not hungry yet. Lets just enjoy ourselves…”

After that, we all decided to take a dip. We didn’t take too long. Everybody was complaining about how cold the water was. But we laughed at it in the end.

And I saw him standing near the bonfire. He seemed to be staring at us for such a time. Then he sat and stared at the burning wood. I got out of the water and went to him. He was silent. He kept playing with a twig. Placing it in and out of the fire. Then I noticed everyone got out as well. So I took my clothes and changed.

I returned and saw everyone sleeping. They left the fire burning. And I saw him sitting at a distance, holding his guitar. I went to where he was and sat beside him. I said,

“First you didn’t eat. Then, you didn’t join us. Now, you’re not sleeping… Just like old times huh?...”

And he stood and went to where the others . I thought he left because I annoyed him. But he just placed his guitar there and came back. He came back to where I was and smiled as he said,

“Just like old times…”


-------------------------
to be continued...

Honestly, some of the events here really happend *ahem* to me =]

I recommend that you view the story in a girls pespective because I deliberately wrote the story the way the main character (who happens to be a girl) would tell the story.


Originally dated June 30, 2004

Post a Comment